Thursday, March 7, 2013

Gluten and Corn Free "Cornbread" Update



 As I suspected, almond flour is the way to go when replacing corn in cornbread. This time I was out of teff flour, so I gave the "cornbread" recipe another try with almond in place of teff flour, and it was wonderful.


 To create a more "corny" cornbread simply replace the teff flour in the original recipe with almond flour, cut the oil to 1/2 cup, and cut back on the salt a bit. The texture of the batter was a bit runny, but it baked up beautifully in a muffin tin. I haven't tried it in a larger, single skillet or pan.

savory almond muffin with red bean and kale soup
beans + greens + "cornbread" = comfort food (and dinner)

 I would remove the original recipe, but I want to leave it as an option for those allergic to nuts. Plus, I never know when I will run out of almond flour. It's nice to have options.


If I can get my computer to cooperate, I will have a video of a knitting technique to post soon. I haven't been too busy eating to do anything else, it just seems that way.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great alternative recipe! Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it's delicious. after reading this post, i want to try to eat it. You can follow me at quà tặng tết. Thank for your information.

    ReplyDelete